Tuesday 10 May 2011

Elderflower Inquisition.

This afternoon, I indulged with a fabulous hot chocolate (topped with marshmallows and cream) and sat inside a curious looking cafe.
Ive spent my Saturdays working here, deciding that it actually might be quite useful knowing how to make a 'real' coffee. I spend more time drinking tea here than I actually do work, which makes it easier to earn those few extra pennies.
Sometimes, my mind goes skipping away to a curious place when its quiet. I like to think about the "would bes,'" what would I be like in ten years, how will I age, if I moisture everyday will I be wrinkle free; if so, is it really the moisturiser? Or is it my genes? Is it then a waste of money?
I will never really know. So to conclude, Id rather minimize the risks and stick to the moisturiser.
My soon to be little crocheted granny squares. I love how soft this wool is, I am knitting here with Amy Butler Belle Organic wool cotton DK, its a dream knitting with and the pastel colours give off a very relaxed vibe.
I have packed a few boxes since my last few 'circles', with my creations really taking a back seat as preparation for the new house continues.
However, all in all the crochet has been coming along well, although I am taking a momentary short break and returning back to my knitting roots. I knitted a pair of practical hand warmers that I quite liked, they were really very cute. However I have a hazy memory of leaving them behind in the females toilet one night after far too much alcoholic ginger beer. Since our abnormal Mid-March heatwave, I have undeniably felt a chill in the air, so I think it perhaps time to knit myself a new pair.
Although in most circumstances I would perhaps be a little annoyed at knitting an identical pair as a result of raw scattiness on my behalf. I have since learnt that 'matress stitch' is an ingenious way to sew up those seams without even the tiniest trace.
 I am looking forward to sporting a new pair, I may add a few buttons for extra character too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment