Monday 2 May 2011

Bottled Sunshine.


Today, for the very first time, I came across 'bottled sunshine.' An ever-so-unsuspecting, little, clay bottle corked and labelled. I did think about having a peek, however took a second to think, and thought it perhaps worth saving for a particularly miserable day. Only in Cornwall could you find bottled sunshine.

Lately Ive been feeling extremely in touch with nature. The tomato plants are coming along well, however I think over crowding may soon become a problem. I will really be looking for cheap large containers this week, it would be a shame to loose any now after seeing them through germination. Don't suppose if anyone knows where I can get some from? 
The Crochet project on the other hand has been coming along slowly.

I took a trip down to The Eden Project in Cornwall this afternoon, which by car, didn't take nearly as long as I expected. Ive enjoyed a fantastic day out with a notepad now full of plant specie names, that I had never even seen or heard of before. For those garden enthusiasts, as you can imagine, it was a pretty inspirational visit. I found it particularly hard to say no to purchasing a gooseberry bush, the fruits visibly beginning to develop and everything! Perhaps next time, I really do think I should manage my tomato project a little better before adding any others to my collection. :)
Recycling: a scarecrow en route I thought had been put together particularly well.
Is is by pure coincidence last night that I came across an old Delia Smith recipe, for a gooseberry and Elderflower jelly with sparkling wine? I have not been so excited about trying a new recipe. I doubt it shall be too long before I am back visiting again, perhaps with another plant to add to my collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment